At this week’s morning meeting, Ron Dymek of Dymek’s Freedom Plumbing educated the group on the do’s and don’ts of preventing water damage in the home, AND in the workplace!
Every day, non-storm related water causes thousands of dollars’ worth of damage to homes and businesses all over Orange County. And, a large portion of these floods are PREVENTABLE!
Here are a few tips from Ron that could save YOU the expense and headache of a flood:
1. Check under your sinks on a regular basis. Look for leaks on the shut-off valves and on the drain line. Also, check behind the refrigerator, washing machine and the water heater. Supply lines and hoses should be changed if any signs of corrosion or wear are seen.
2. If your home has a history of stoppages, set up a preventive maintenance program. If you experience a backup, call us to clean the line BEFORE you have to call on the weekend or over the holidays!
3. Check your home’s water pressure once a year. Make sure the main shut-off valve works, and that you know where it is.
4. Turn off your home’s main water source when you go on vacation. Water pressure spikes late at night, when you may be away from home.
5. Review your utility bills for unusual or sudden increases. High gas or water bills can indicate an underground leak that hasn’t surfaced yet.
6. Your toilet is not a trash can. Even if the box says something is flushable, it can still cause a blockage, and then a flood.
7. Keep Freedom Plumbing’s number and magnet handy if you have a plumbing emergency!
To learn more about preventing water damage, or to set up an appointment with Dymek’s Freedom Plumbing, please visit www.FreedomPlumbing.com.